RE: multiple input to multiple output

Subject: RE: multiple input to multiple output
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:51:02 +0000 (GMT)
Linda van den Brink writes:
 > Unfortunalely I don't know any programming/scripting languages at all,
 > except for a bit of Omnimark. I wanted to know if could be done with XSL
 > itself. If not, maybe I'd best ask my colleague for a perl script?

XSL has no access to the directory listing. I am sure Java folk could
get at that using extensions such as James Clark allows, but natively
in XSL no can do.

I cannot see how to solve your problem without *some* kind of
scripting. even doing a file list into a file and then mangling that
to a valid XML takes some minimal scripting.

A Perl script would be a few minutes work, if you have a
suitably-equipped colleague

Sebastian