Re: OpenXSL?

Subject: Re: OpenXSL?
From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:10:32 +0100
Sean O'Dell wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but is there an open source XSL implementation anywhere
> around?

Yes, lots of them.

> I'm considering taking on the task of implementing an XSL
> parser/transformer because of the lack of portable C implementations.

take a look at xml.apache.org instead. There's an open source
implementation of XML parser for java, C/C++ and perl. An open source
implementation of XSLT in java (and soon in C/C++).

But let's not forget the incredible work done by others on this list:

 - James Clark's XT is an open source XSLT processor written in java.
 - Mike Kay's SAXON is an open source XSLT processor written in java and
much more.
 - Keith Visco's XSL:P is an open source XSLT processor written in java.
(even if it's somehow discontinued, now)

> Java maybe, C I don't know...portable seems unlikely, and open source downright
> humorous.

Why? It makes perfect business sense to have such basic component open
source.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.
<stefano@xxxxxxxxxx>                             Friedrich Nietzsche