RE: Mixing XSL stylesheet and Java handlers in Saxon

Subject: RE: Mixing XSL stylesheet and Java handlers in Saxon
From: "Yannick Nicolas" <yannick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:58:21 +0000
Michael Kay wrote:

> Yannick wrote:
>> I'm trying to use Saxon...
>>
>> I have an XSL stylesheet, and I want my program add some particular
>> handlers for some particular nodes, depending on external parameters.
>> Is it possible to load the StyleSheet, "prepare" it and add
>> additional node handlers, and then render the XML document?
>>

>If you want to use XSLT template rules for some nodes and Java node >handlers
>for others, the way to do it is to declare the Java node handlers in
>the stylesheet using the <saxon:handler> element,
>A slightly different approach that's closer to the way the standard
>has moved is to implement your custom code as an extension element,

Thank you for these tips, but in fact what I would like, is loading
a stylesheet in my Java program. This stylesheet would give me basic
template rules. Then according to some parameters, my program would
define some additional node handlers.
But maybe I am thinking in the wrong way, am I ?

Yannick

Adresses gratuites et illimitées sur http://bretagne.zzn.com