Do you know how to refer to a node?

Subject: Do you know how to refer to a node?
From: Jonathan Asbell <jonathana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:33:44 -0500
I need to refer to
node(0)
node(1)
node(2)
etc. which are children of a node "CUSTOMER".  	How do I refer to each
successive node child of node "CUSTOMER"?  My aim is to transform this into
xml with more meaningful tag names

<CUSTOMER>
<xsl:text>WHITC</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>White Clover Markets</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>Karl Jablonski</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>Owner</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>305 - 14th Ave. S.<BR>Suite 3B</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>Seattle</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>WA</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>98128</xsl:text>
<xsl:text>USA</xsl:text>