Re: String Match

Subject: Re: String Match
From: John Robert Gardner <jrgardn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 23:07:36 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 anupama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I replaced
> with
> <xsl:template match="//div3/li">
>      <xsl:if test="contains(. , 'ILe')">
>           <xsl:copy-of select='.'/>
>      </xsl:if>
> </xsl:template>

Great, this got the match.  The problem I found, however, was when I
applied this to a larger file and for some reason //div3/li needed to be
//div3//li due to the intervening <ol> in the source.  TO return the div3
with the verse identifier (the relevant point for hte scholars I'm hoping
to helpuse this technology), I had to do as follows withyour matching
solution:

<xsl:template match="//div3//li">
     <xsl:if test="contains(. , 'ILe')">
          <xsl:copy-of select='ancestor::div3'/>
     </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

THank you very much for helping, and be assured you'll find a credit in
the upcoming issue of Int'l Jnl of Tantric Studies.

jr