Re: New XSL working draft published

Subject: Re: New XSL working draft published
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:51:25 +0000 (GMT)
Nikolai Grigoriev writes:
 > I think a novel "role" property [WD 7.2.2] may be what you need. It can
 > be specified on any object, and serves as a hook to append various hints
 > for the renderer. You can use it to convey text structure information, e.g.
 > write every title this way:
 >
 >    <fo:block role="bookmark ('2.1. O tempora, o mores!')">
 >         2.1. O tempora, o mores!
 >    <fo:block>

hmm. I guess I could shoe-horn PDF bookmarks into here, though in fact
I need 3 separate bits of information (the level of bookmark, the
symbolic name to link to, and the text). so I'd have to do something like

    <fo:block role="bookmark (2)(life)('2.1. O tempora, o mores!')">
         2.1. O tempora, o mores!
    <fo:block>

and split it up later.

The FOP people will need this in due course, if they want `rich' PDF...

Sebastian