Fw:

Subject: Fw:
From: "mohamed" <mohamed@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:35:31 -0500
I'm trying to call templates based on attribute names:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
 <testText >
     <text bold="yes">WITH BOLD</text>
     <text bold="yes" italic="yes"> WITH BOLD AND ITALIC</text>
 </testText>
so I declared templates that are called and match bold and italics,

 <xsl:template match="bold" name="bold">
  <b>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</b>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="italics" name="italics">
  <i>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</i>
</xsl:template>

and I want to get an output as follows:
<b>WITH BOLD</b>

 but because the
<xsl:apply-templates match=""> and the
<xsl:call-template name=""> don't evaluate expressions (like a variable $att whose value is bold, or the name() function that returns the name of the attribute) within the match and the name attributes I couldn't call the templates!
I don't know how many attributes I'll have (bold, italics, small, .... etc) so I want to make it flexible enough so adding one more attribute requires just adding a new template that matches it.

any suggestions?!

thanks ........

Mohamed Abdelrahman