Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?

Subject: Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?
From: "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:02:02 -0500
If you look in the Xalan stuff, you'll see a xsl-html40s.dtd which loosely
validates XSLT that is producing HTML.  It's not perfect, but it's a help.

-scott

                    Yann Desnoues
                    <Yann.Desnoues@alcate        To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    l.fr>                        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?
                    owner-xsl-list@mulber
                    rytech.com

                    02/03/00 01:16 PM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

"John E. Simpson" wrote:

> At 05:00 PM 2/3/2000 +0100, Yann Desnoues wrote:
> >Linda van den Brink wrote:
> >
> > > There's an appendix to the XSLT spec "DTD Fragment for XSLT
Stylesheets
> > > (Non-Normative)" at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#dtd
> > >
> > > I hope it's any help to you...
> >
> >Thank you but it doesn't help as it is not a complete DTD.
> >The entity result-elements is not defined.
> >Hence the DTD is not valid.
>
> Of course result-elements is not defined. It *can't* be.
>
> If you're transforming to HTML, then there's one "valid XSLT DTD" with
one
> definition of result-elements. If you're transforming to MathML, there's
> completely different result-elements. In fact, there are as many
> definitions of result-elements as there are possible XML vocabularies in
> the universe. Hence there can *be* no result-elements, and that's why the
> appendix to the XSLT Rec is both a fragment and non-normative.

I'll never be able to validate ANY of my XSL doc?

But may the good question is what to use as an XSL editor?