Re: Using a variable to check to see if that element exists in another xml doc.

Subject: Re: Using a variable to check to see if that element exists in another xml doc.
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:16:13 -0500
At 03:52 PM 02/07/2000 -0600, menkell@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am trying to use the variable myKey to check to see if it's value (ie.
"currencyCode") is an element in another document.
I am having some problems.  does anyone know what is wrong with this xsl.

Try this:

<xsl:template match="object">
     <xsl:for-each select="property">
          <xsl:variable name="myKey" select="key"/>
          <xsl:if test="$myKey='currencyCode'">
               This works; try the next if
               <xsl:if test="document('en_US.xml')/locale/*[name()=$myKey]">
                    insert label
               </xsl:if>
          </xsl:if>

           </xsl:for-each>