RE: feature request; id idref pairs

Subject: RE: feature request; id idref pairs
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:49:56 -0000
> Error processing source document
> At xsl:value-of on line 75 of
file:/C:/sgml/xsl/processtxt.xsl: Cannot match pattern @Noutput until it is
resolved
from Saxon.

Any idea what this means please?

I hope it means you are using an old version.
It also means that the old version might have had a bug. It's not a
user-meaningful message, it means something has been done in the wrong
sequence internally.

FYI, Resolving patterns was something I had to do before XSLT was changed to
ban variable references in the match pattern of xsl:key and xsl:template. It
basically did a partial evaluation of the pattern, in which variables were
dereferenced. Handling something like <xsl:template match="xxx[$a]"> was
pretty horrendous because you didn't even know if you had a numeric
predicate or a boolean one until you resolved it. A lot of nasty code in
this area has disappeared.

Mike Kay