Testing the number of child elements

Subject: Testing the number of child elements
From: Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:23:58 +0100
I am writing an XSL stylesheet to convert Content MathML to presentation
MathML.
I don't know how to output "unparsed" entitie references in the target
presentation file.

For instance, if in the source document I have
<apply>
    <times/>
    <ci>2</ci>
    <cn>x</cn>
</apply>

I want to output:
<mrow>
    <mi>2</mi>
    <mo>&InvisibleTimes;</mo>
    <mn>x</mn>
</mrow>

But if in the XSLT stylesheet I write
......<mo>&InvisibleTimes;</mo>........   XT (the XSLT engine I use)
tells me it can't find any definition for that entity  (not surprising)

So I had a DOCTYPE in the XSL stylesheet   with <!ENTITY  invti
"&InvisibleTimes;">  and I update the reference in the stylesheet
accordingly, but XT still tells me it can't find a definition for
InvisibleTimes.

I thought about outputing the UNICODE character in place of
&InvisibleTimes;   (&#xE89E;)   but I don't think that's such a good
idea since amaya 2.4 fails to understand it.

So, how can I output the raw text &InvisibleTimes;   ?

Thanks.

Emmanuel