RE: JavaScript

Subject: RE: JavaScript
From: "Hunter, David" <dhunter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:31:59 -0500
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2000 9:37 PM
> > True enough.  But I believe the original question had a web browser
> > as the destination application, not another XML parser.
>
> 'tis dangerous to rely on bugs, someone (even browser authors) may fix
> them one day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm used to it by now, but I was under the
impression that this wasn't a bug, but the intended behaviour of
scripting-aware browsers?

That is, when the good folk who designed HTML decided to create a <script>
element, they purposely decided that the <script> element could include HTML
comments, to protect the non-scripting-aware browsers.

(Of course, even if this is right, the question remains how this will get
treated with XHTML.  Why don't I go and see if the spec says anything on
this subject...)

David Hunter
david.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.MobileQ.com