Which one to choose

Subject: Which one to choose
From: ural <ural@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:59:05 +0000
hi,,
I am into a project where we have lot of content. In fact it is a portal site. a IT related news tutorials etc are there.
So far we were using ASP and MS ACCESS for our contents. ie, we were storing all the file in our database. and depending on user request we are displaying to them. If we convert them into XML, then do you think it will be a good move or not. We have around 1500 articles in our site. I want to know wheter XML is a right technology for large amount of content or not? If it is not then please suggest any other technology.

rgds
Ural