Re: XSL or CSS

Subject: Re: XSL or CSS
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:20:17 -0500
At 12:03 PM 2/16/2000 +0100, ergun.turker@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The new Netscape browser version 6.0 which will be available this summer
supports XML with CSS stylesheets. There is nothing about XSL.

Does this mean that the new Netscape browser won't be able to read an XML file
with an XSL stylesheet ?

Correct -- not at first, anyway. Support for XSLT is on the Mozilla development agenda, though.

(Full support for CSS is arguably more critical than support for XSLT (although for selfish reasons I'd love to have the latter); neither IE nor Netscape have done a very good job of supporting CSS1, let alone CSS2. Opera's pretty good with CSS, although obviously they've got a smaller market share.)

John E. Simpson
simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx