RE: JavaScript

Subject: RE: JavaScript
From: "Duane Nickull" <duane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:21:47 -0800
: Duane Nickull

>CLIENT SIDE:
>
>The role of the comment is very clear.  It simply prevents the
>JS from being
>displayed as text in non-JS aware browsers.  Are we talking
>XML/XSL parsing
>in browsers that do not recognize JS?  There are no such browsers.

: Dave P said

Beg to differ.
Try js in Lynx. Unsure about Opera too.
Most access technology in js unaware.
Implication? Try page comprehension with your
eyes closed, using Lynx, on one of your js loaded pages.
Then think about doing that each time you visit a web page.

<IMHO>
Neither Opera nor Lynx fully support XML/XSL.  My comments refer to the fact
that it is generally *OLDER* browsers that do not support javascript.  As
far as I know, there are no older browsers that fully support XML/XSL yet do
not support javascript.

Therefore,  if a browser is capable of parsing XML/XSL, it should have
javascript implementation.

I looked at the Lynx pages - very cool!!

Duane Nickull