XT as servlet

Subject: XT as servlet
From: H.vanderLinden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:32:13 +0100
Hello,

I hope this isn't off-topic.

I've done some digging into XML and XSL(T) and managed to produce some nice
HTML files for my website. For this I've used JC's XP/XT software with JDK
1.2.2 on a Windows 95 machine. All this in batch conversion.

Now, I'm ready to move to servlets and JSP, so my co-worker and I have setup
an Apache webserver (running already with my website) with tomcat. This
seems to be ok, because we can run the examples provided.

Since I have little knowledge of Java and none whatsoever of servlets, I
would appreciate a helping hand. We have already installed the XT sofware on
the webserver.

I have two files called A.XML and B.XSL and I've called my XSLservlet
'trans' in the web.xml file provided by tomcat. Entering a URL like
'www.myweb.com/examples/trans' returns the 'missing stylesheet' error.

Who could answer these questions:

1. Is it possible to enter a URL like 'www.myweb.nl/examples/trans A.XML
B.XSL'? If so, what's the correct syntax and where should I put the XML and
XSL files?

2. If I want to write a JSP to perform the same action, how would it look
like?

Please reply by mail to me personally, since I have difficulty in keeping up
with the speed of mail on this list.

Bye, Helma

Helma van der Linden
Medical Informatics