[no subject]

From: menkell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:23:40 -0600
I am trying to add an attribute to my xml document but when I try to copy
the existing elements and it's attributes it doesn't copy the attributes.
I know in the specification it says it will not copy the attributes.   Does
anyone know of am easy solution to my problem.

example xml file
<customer>
     <input dataFld="blue"/>
     <input dataFld="red"/>
<customer>

What I want my file to look like when it's done.

<customer>
     <input dataFld="blue"  label="My Favorite" format="lowerCase"/>
     <input dataFld="red" label="MyLeastFavorite"/>
<customer>

This is my output that adds the attribute I want but keep the dataFld
attribute.

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:param name="doc-file"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="customer">
     <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:for-each select="*">
       <xsl:value-of select="."/>
          <xsl:copy>
          <xsl:variable name="myKey" select="./@dataFld"/>
          <xsl:variable name="currentProperty"
select="document($doc-file)/locale/*[name()=$myKey]"/>
               <xsl:if test="$currentProperty">
                    <xsl:attribute name="{$currentProperty/@type}">
                     <xsl:value-of select="$currentProperty"/>
                    </xsl:attribute>

                </xsl:if>
          </xsl:copy>
     </xsl:for-each>
     </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks!

Laura L. Menke
IBMUSM07(menkell)
Phone 507-253-8901 Tie 5535907
 menkell@xxxxxxxxxx

When facing a difficult task, act as though it is impossible to fail. If
you're going after Moby Dick, take along the
          tartar sauce.