RE: Is there a conflict in the definition of node() in XPath and XSLT ?

Subject: RE: Is there a conflict in the definition of node() in XPath and XSLT ?
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:58:49 -0000
> "A node test node() is true for any node of any type whatsoever."
Correct. But note the words "node test".

> "node() matches any node other than an attribute node and the
> root node"
This is referring to the *pattern* "node()", which is an abbreviation for
"child::node()", which matches any node that satisfies the node test
"node()" and also is a child of something. Attributes and root nodes are not
the child of anything.

There is however an error here (which I have pointed out to the editors):
the pattern "node()" will not match a namespace node.

Mike Kay