Re: whitespace before the trailing slash

Subject: Re: whitespace before the trailing slash
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:11:59 GMT
when writing xhtml I use

You can not control how the XSL system writes out a tag but if there is
an attribute there then there will be some space after the element type
name and the browser will be happy.

Actually I write stylesheet for the html output method with just <br/>
and then run a stylesheet to convert an html stylesheet to an xhtml one
and this takes care of adding attributes to empty elements and adding
white space to ensure that elements that are not canonically empty
never use the /> syntax. but always <p> </p>

I posted this html/xhtml stylesheet before but I could
make it available again if need be.

David