Re: XSLT vs Omnimark

Subject: Re: XSLT vs Omnimark
From: Louis-Dominique Dubeau <ldd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Mar 2000 09:36:45 -0500
"Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> But this is precisely these technical features, and the fact that
> modern browser includes or will includes XSLT that makes XSLT the
> worse competitor to Omnimark. They have an advantage compared to
> XSLT, their processor is tremendously faster than most XSLT
> processor written in Java. Probably the next generation written in
> C++ an more optimized than today's prototypes will bring sane
> competition and for us,

Or they will compile Java to native binary code.  A lot of work is
done on JIT-compiling.  Of course, the problem with JIT... if it is
really JIT... is that your startup time may be significant.  The work
there could be taken one step further though and have the whole thing
cached or just plain compiled like C++ is.  (I'm not saying that there
are not caveats or that this is simple: just that this is possible.)

	Regards,
	ldd