Re: Dynamic Table Generation

Subject: Re: Dynamic Table Generation
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:02:11 GMT
> What I think I need to do is:
> - build each table row (of blank table cells) before
> ...Trouble is I don't know how:
> - to add text data to an element

That isn't the xslt way. You need to build the output tree as you go
along, you can't go back into elements and add new children (such as
text nodes).

> - to sample what the text value of the current element in XSL

. will give you the  value of the current node, used as in

<xsl:if test="contains( . , 'foo')">

to test if the string foo appears in the text content of the current
node. but I see from your code snippet that you know this, so
I don't understand your comment.

It would be much easier to suggest changes to your code if you'd
included a (small) input file and made a (small but complete)
stylesheet.

David