RE: MSXML abominations happening for a reason (was Re: MSXML...re leased)

Subject: RE: MSXML abominations happening for a reason (was Re: MSXML...re leased)
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:09:13 -0000
: Eileen Kinley
>> Until web designers or web engineers understand the benefits of
>> creating a decoupled solution with XML/XSLT they won't
>clamor for fully
>> functional tools.  Sure, the MSXML thing is terrible, but is
>anyone going
>> to use it anyway?
>	[ek>] Is there an alternative for client-side rendering
>of XML in IE?

Err. Yes. I've been playing, sorry using, XSLT for a long
while. I tried once to get the MS option to work. Failed,
reverted to XT/Saxon. MSIE5 is my default browser.

I can't figure the 'its got to be ms' logic.
If I'm using XSLT then I'm probably producing HTML.
If I'm producing HTML and want to view it, I use a
browser. If I point my browser by mistake at an XML
document, nine times out of ten it fails to show anyway,
so whats the point of viewing source when the styled
version is there to be checked out?

Curious. DaveP