Re: Disable Output Escaping - really useful

Subject: Re: Disable Output Escaping - really useful
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:50:20 GMT
> When the server delivers XML to the browser,

Yes as I mentioned  disable-output-escaping="yes" is relatively safe
for transformations done on the server.

but my question is what happens if you have a browser that is rendering
straight from the output of an _embedded_ xsl engine. Can it be made to
work then?

Probably this scenario isn't directly relevant to your example of
pulling something from a database, but it seems to me the main reason
why people should beware of using this in stylesheets, one day it works,
and then you try to use the same bit of code in another sheet being used
in another context and it stops working for a somewhat mysterious
reason.

David