Re: Testing the type of the current node

Subject: Re: Testing the type of the current node
From: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 19:30:36 +1200
Thanks Steve. I was aware of that solution but I need my
templates to be named so that they don't interfere with
my other default templates.

The real application that I am aiming at is for formatting
XML within an <embedded_xml> element inside of a document
with things like <text> and <image>s which are transformed
to HTML. I want to have a default element template that
copies all elements that I don't specifically handle (things
like <em> and <strong>), but handle any elements within
and <embedded_xml> element in a specific way. As far as I
know, this involves figuring out what each element is and
calling the appropriate template by name.

And before anyone suggest using

<xsl:template match="//embedded_xml//*"> ...

I might add that I also want to be able to import this
stylesheet into a standalone stylesheet that is applied to
files that don't necessarily have an <embedded_xml> at the
top.

I think the method I originally proposed is the way to
go - it's just that it doesn't work! But there must be a
way to do it.

Thanks again.

--
Warren Hedley