Re: Formating to text

Subject: Re: Formating to text
From: Steve Tinney <stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:01:31 -0500
> The problem here is indeed to keep control over the horizontal position
> and current value of the indentation to generate the line breaks while
> running through the tree.
> Updatable variables are eagerly missing here and I don't see how you can
> easily perform this task which would be trivial with any procedural
> language.
> Have I missed something ?

Can you do it instead by counting the depth of the node that you are
handling?  You could use the ancestor:: axis, or a subset of what you
find along there, i.e., write a template named 'indent' which will
indent n spaces per level, and call it with:

	<xsl:call-template name="indent">
          <xsl:with-param name="level"
                        select="count(ancestor::*)"/>
        </xsl:call-template>