Re: xalan following relative urls

Subject: Re: xalan following relative urls
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:20:49 +0100 (BST)
Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx writes:

 > As far as we know, if called right, Xalan's behaviour with respect to
 > relative URLs should be equal to XT and Saxon.

my first test indicated that it is not. my second test took 5623388
milliseconds to run, ie about 90 minutes compared to 3 or 4 with xt:-}

 > The common mistake is not
 > setting the SystemID if you call Xalan with a stream or DOM tree, since
 > Xalan has to know what URL to be relative to!

I am not sure I would know what a SystemID was if it bit me. I am
doing a command line

 java -mx64m org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN $1 -XSL $2 -OUT $3 $4 $5 $6

is there something else I could be doing?

Sebastian