Microsoft or W3C?

Subject: Microsoft or W3C?
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:13:48 -0500
Hello there!

This is for anyone that could answer my question!

I am in a developing team that is creating a prototype of an editor to use
XML.  However, my question is
concerning XSL, and XSLT.

Currently I am using the following code at the top of my stylesheet

<xsl:stylesheet
	xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";
	xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
                 	result-ns="fo">
  <xsl:template match="//">
 <HTML>
     	<HEAD>
		<TITLE>
		</TITLE>
	</HEAD>
 	<BODY>
		<xsl:apply-templates />
	</BODY>
 </HTML>
</xsl:template>

I am also using IE5  to view my results of any changes that I make to the
style sheet.  However, I've come accross some problems.
One of the problems is that I am not able to use the following XSL Elements

<xsl:arg>
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:for-each>
<xsl:use>
<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:when>

I always get the same error when trying to use these XSL Elements, and I'm
not sure why.
The error that I get is:    Unknown method. (-->first-of-type()<--).

Is this a Microsoft (IE5) error or is it that its not part of the W3C
standard?
I also get the same error when trying to use the format style  (ie fo:).

What am I doing wrong?

Eddy
emedina@xxxxxxx