Another Beginner's Question

Subject: Another Beginner's Question
From: Laurie Mann <laurie.mann@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:59:02 -0500
I'm trying to learn XSL so I can convert XML documents to HTML.
I have a simple XML file that looks something like this:

   <refentry>
   <refnamediv>
      <refname>Test</refname>
  <refsect1>
     <title>Object Orientation</title>
    <para>In order...</para>
     <para>and so on...<para>
   </refsect1>
   <refsect1>
       <title>Input Vector Orientation Option</title>
     <para>The current...</para>
     <para>and so on...<para>
</refsect1>
</refentry>

I'm running XT, and my XSL file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet

           <xsl:template match=" /">
             <head>
               <title>Drop Test Module Online Help</title>
             </head>
               <xsl:apply-templates select="refentry" />
           </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="refentry">
           <h1><xsl:value-of select="refname" /></h1>
         </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="refentry">
         </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

The "select-of" functions aren't working at all - the value of the node
is thrown away in the HTML file, and I'm only left with empty
pairs of tags in the output file.  What am I missing?

(Is is a heading problem?  I've looked in miscellaneous sample XSL
files on the Web and in books and am finding slightly different versions,
with little explanation about why they are different.)

Thanks!