Re: Dumb question from a newbie on XSLT in IE5

Subject: Re: Dumb question from a newbie on XSLT in IE5
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:27:00 -0700 (MST)
> Does the group think this is actually the way things will move, or was
> this 'URI as a syntax definition' just a quick hack?

As David mentioned, it's a W3C Recommendation (XML Namespaces).

Someone also said on this list at one point in the recent past that URIs
are a convenient standard (there's an RFC for them) for the syntax of
identifiers.

Personally I think that it is good form for a URI to Uniformly Identify a
Resource that actually exists, but the W3C Recs specifically say
otherwise.

   - Mike