Re: excluding namespaces

Subject: Re: excluding namespaces
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 00:49:05 GMT
> In both cases xmlns:blah is put on the <new-a> element but I don't
> want it.  I use exclude-result-prefixes all over the place but it
> doesn't seem to have any effect.

> Anybody has an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

You can not exclude required namespace declarations, only ones that are
not actually used in the output. You have put an attribute with a
prefixed name into the output tree so xsl has to manufacture a namespace
declaration for that prefix. XSL doen not deal with arbitrary XML files
either as input or output. they have to meet the requirements of the
namespace recommendation, and that means you can't use : in attribute
names without declaring the prefix.

David