RE: select="preceding-sibling::ROW[entered_formatted_day=$currentFruit]"istoo slow

Subject: RE: select="preceding-sibling::ROW[entered_formatted_day=$currentFruit]"istoo slow
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 18:28:01 -0400
Hi Thorbjoern,

When I tried to run your example with MSXML3.dll I got an unspecified error
at line 24 even if at that place the XML syntax seems to be OK, so, we can
say that MSXML3 didn't survived to the test :-))

To test your file I had to do some modifications so that the XML file is
compliant to the 1.0 recommendations

a) I removed the SGML declaration since a) the URL does not point to a DTD
and b) HTML 4.0 is not an XML DTD but more an SGML DTD. Use instead the
XHTML DTD... forget about the XHTML DTD if possible, I guess you read today
the trouble this brings to us :-))

b) I added the <?xml version="1.0"?> declaration at the beginning of the
file.

I'll try to do the test with XT but first I have to isolate the time
required to load the VM from the time required to process the file.

cheers
Didier PH Martin