XSL to XSL?

Subject: XSL to XSL?
From: "Michael J. Hudson" <mhudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 15:28:01 -0400
Here's what I'm currently doing.  My task is to come up with a
general way to transform any one XML file into another XML file
with different DTDs.  Now, what I'm doing is creating a tool that
creates a mapping file that maps elements from one XML file to
another.  This is all fine and dandy.  But now, I need to write
an XSLT file that translates that XML mapping file into another
XSLT script.  That final XSLT script being the script that people
would use to translate their XML files from one to another.

The problem I'm having is getting an XSL script to output XSL
elements.  That is, I want the output to be another XSL file.
The way I'm currently solving this, is using another namespace
other than xsl.... say temp.  So, that 'xsl:for-each' becomes
'temp:for-each'.  And then I have a method that reads in the
output file and does a find-replace changing temp back to xsl.
Now, not being an expert in XSLT... I'm wondering if I'm
bending over backwards to do this.  Is there way in XSLT to
have XSLT element outputs that don't affect the original
XSLT file??

Thanks!

Michael J. Hudson
Software/Framework Engineer