Re: referring to images in XSL FO

Subject: Re: referring to images in XSL FO
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:24:46 +0100 (BST)
> Would you please take a look at CSS2 Recommendation and obtain the
> documental evidence that url('Images/box.jpg')  is a URI,

No it isn't! that's why Sebastian (and I) queried the syntax in your
example. The href (now src) attribute takes a URI argument, the fact
that the equivalent CSS construction uses url() is not relevant.

> If the url argument is not taken within url(...) it is not possible to parse
> shorthands.
in CSS, but this is XSL

A URI is defined by the relevant RFC, the fact that CSS URI type
uses some CSS syntax is reasonable in the context of CSS but no more
relevant to XSL than the fact that XSL uses XML attribute value syntax
for URIs is relevant to CSS.

David