Re: Creating an xml doc from another xml doc via xsl

Subject: Re: Creating an xml doc from another xml doc via xsl
From: Matthew Cordes <mcorde61@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 00:22:34 -0400
Steve, thanks for your help, but I have a few more questions if you have
the time.

I tried the select query you posted, but I'm not sure I understand what
it is doing.  How can I get the at the data returned from this query via
a ResultSet in Java as, from the example output you showed, its not
flat, but hierarchical (which is good, I'm just unsure how to reap the
rewards).  In the past I've always iterated over the ResultSet or Perl
equivalient.  I've also not used the cursor command before, but I am at
this moment searching for documentation for that as well.

Is this query returning xml or a typical result or something else?  Do I
need to use your XSQL pages? or Is there a class I can include so I can
manipulate this data within my own servlets?  Do I need to use Oracle's
xsl/xml parsers or can I stick with xalan/xerces from Apache?

Sorry for the abundence of questions.
I'm really excited to hear your answers.

-matt