RE: Attribute test

Subject: RE: Attribute test
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:11:59 -0400
Hey mike

What if my priority is not
with numbers, and the letters that
I'm using do not follow an
ascending or descending order?

:<xsl:variable name="max-priority">
:   <xsl:for-each select="//@priority">
:      <xsl:sort order="descending" data-type="number"/>
:      <xsl:if test="position()=1"><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:if>
:   </xsl:for-each>
:</xsl:variable>
:
:Mike Kay
:

This would not really work, unless I somehow
relate the letters to a number priority.
That would be fine for one attribute, but I have
multiple attributes that are implied and can
appear, and each one has a certain priority
to which it can place further ristrictions.

I thought that xsl could do functions but I have yet
to find an example or any indications in the W3C.

(I know that lotusxsl and javascript can do it, but
I don't want that)

Eddy