RE: That didnt work either! RE: How to add a "less than" or "grea ter than" sign?

Subject: RE: That didnt work either! RE: How to add a "less than" or "grea ter than" sign?
From: "Selva, Francis" <Francis.Selva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:14:55 -0700
Thanx John.Can you or someone tell me why this is acting strange?.A very
simple xml but really taking my time.I guess Im missing something here.

This is my xml

<years title="year" century="20th" month="April" Day="Thursday"></years>

My xsl

<xsl:template match="/">
	&lt;<xsl:value-of select="@title"/>&gt;2000&lt;/<xsl:value-of
select="@title"/>&gt;
	<xsl:element name="{@title}">2000</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

This gives me an error that "Name contains invalid characters" but if I give
the template match as 'years' it's displaying
   <year>2000<year> 2000

Can anyone please tell me what's happening here?.Isnt / denotes the node
tree root?

Francis

> The original poster was trying to do something like this:
>       < <elementname> >content</ <elementname> >
> which would cause his stylesheet to be not well-formed.
>
> Bob's/Wendell's solution doesn't "display only the Type
> attribute name"; it
> displays the Type attribute *value*.

>John E. Simpson          | "After they make styrofoam, what do
>http://www.flixml.org    | they ship it in?" (Steven Wright)
>simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx      |

The woods are lovely,dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,