Re: Displaying every 2 element values in 1 rowyyy

Subject: Re: Displaying every 2 element values in 1 rowyyy
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:26:19 -0600 (MDT)
> Mike, we both fell into this one. <xsl:value-of> outputs the string value of
> the select expression, which in the case of a node-set is the string-value
> of the first node, so adding the predicate "[1]" adds nothing.

*LOL* I should've seen that, too. I've solved this problem like 5 times in
5 different ways both on the list and in my company's software. I thought
I could get away without test my example before I posted it. I apologize
to Francis and the lurkers who may have been confused.

The real problem is that he changed the XML on us. His original post said:

> If I have an xml like:
>
> <eno>A21</eno>
> <eno>A22</eno>
> <eno>A23</eno>
> <eno>A24</eno>
> <eno>A25</eno>
> <eno>A26</eno>

And I just showed him how to use xsl:for-each to iterate through the 1st,
3rd, 5th, etc. nodes, building a new table row with each iteration. When
he acted like our solution was faulty when applied against a source tree
with a different schema, I got annoyed.

   - Mike