RE: XSL and Well-formed HTML

Subject: RE: XSL and Well-formed HTML
From: "Vlattas, Christina" <CVlattas@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:22:43 -0400
> I have to get this to work with IE 5.

> I'm getting the message -  'Keyword xsl:copy-of may not be used here.'

this list is primarily about the W3C style language XSL (that consists
of XSLT and XSL FO). The language known as XSL that is used by default in
IE5 is a completely different language.

There will be some method to do what you want in IE5 (but I don't know
what it is) or alternatively you can use microsofts preview release
to update the XSL system  in IE5 to the standard W3C XSLT namespace, and
then you could use xsl:copy-of.

I have figured it out using xsl:copy, but it is not as clean of a solution
as xsl:copy-of

XML:
<DetectionPop>
	<UL>
		<LI><text>Advertisement and sales <B><U>literature
                materials</U></B></text>
		</LI>
		<LI><text>Advertisement and sales literature material where
problems
                are indicated in the materials or with the firm's history in
this
                area is poor</text>
		</LI>
 		<LI><text>Advertisements for <U>unregistered private
                 offerings</U></text>
		</LI>
	</UL>
</DetectionPop>

XSL:
<xsl:template match="DetectionPop">
	<xsl:apply-templates select="*">
		<!-- recursively apply this template to them -->
		<xsl:template>
			<xsl:copy>
				<xsl:apply-templates select="@* | * |
comment() | pi() | text()"/>
			</xsl:copy>
		</xsl:template>
	</xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:template>

Hope this helps anyone with the same problems.

Christina