Re: xsl:variable

Subject: Re: xsl:variable
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 17:12:13 +0100 (BST)
> After when we reach the pb element, I print the
> content of this global variable. I empty the content
> of the variable, and again back to the first step.

You can't do that as XSL variables do not change their values once
bound. I have already posted the solution to the problem that you
originally posed (selecting as far as the first element) but you just
changed the problem to selecting things between multiple pb
elements

In which case you want something like

1<!-- Other tags -->
<pb/>
2<!-- Other tags -->
<pb/>
3<!-- Other tags -->
<pb/>
4<!-- Other tags -->
<pb/>
5

                version="1.0"

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="div[@type='chapter']">
<xxxx>
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()[not(preceding-sibling::pb)]"/>
</xxxx>

<xsl:for-each select="pb">
<xxxx>
<xsl:variable name="x" select="1+count(preceding-sibling::pb)"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="following-sibling::node()[count(preceding-sibling::pb)=$x]"/>
</xxxx>
</xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>