XML and DTD

Subject: XML and DTD
From: "Mar Fior" <pupipai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:06:58 CEST

Hi, I don't know xml very well and my question is stupid!!! I have created an file xml and another file dtd for that xml. When I call my xml file from my browser (IE) I can see it well formatted. But I don't know how I must do to see if it is "VALID". I have inserted into my xml file this row:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>

Because if I have understood well
"stanalone" identify with "yes" if I want that the check
is only "well fomatted" and with "no" if the check
is "valid document".

But the result is equal. And If I add some error into
my xml file I haven't any segnalation!

How I can do to know if my xml file have the rule of
his dtd????

Please, help me! Thanks in advance and sorry for my little english!

Marcella