XMetaL1.2 + XT and encoding

Subject: XMetaL1.2 + XT and encoding
From: Keesjan van Bunningen <KvanBunningen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:27:53 +0200
I use XMetaL 1.2, which has XT incorporated for preview purposes, and I have
trouble getting special characters in the HTML output.

I know this has to do with character encoding (UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, etc.), but
after trying several possibilities to resolve this I'm completely stuck and
lost at this moment.

In which way/format do I need to deliver the XML file to ensure that XT
produces either '&iuml;' type output or perhaps ' ï ' directly ?

Preferably I like to keep the original encoding I have ( UTF-8, I _think_,
but even *that* I'm not sure of anymore. I used XML Notepad to create the
special characters).

Keesjan van Bunningen
IC Group bv                                http://www.icgroup.nl