Re: Stylesheet vs. Transform

Subject: Re: Stylesheet vs. Transform
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:35:26 +0100 (BST)
> the following guidance on when to use each:

This algorithm seems very complicated. I use the following simpler one:

Always use xsl:stylesheet.

I think the distinction between transformation and styling is bogus.

Especially using "html" being the output form implying stylesheet as
opposed to transform is suspect.

Once you have native xml rendering (xhtml, xsl fo, xml+css, ..) then
the distinction between "transforming an XML file for use by another XML
application" and "transforming an XML file for use by another XML
application that happens to be a browser" is rather slight.

David