RE: Loading an external file of index

Subject: RE: Loading an external file of index
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:09:48 +0100
> > If you make several calls on document() with the same URI,
> the processor is obliged to return the same document each time: in other
> words, it won't reload it.
>
>  Is this really so?
>  I'm using as URI calls to a dynamic page
>   ("http://localhost:8081/get?uri=myuri";).
>
>  Even if the URI (an URL, in fact) is ever the same, the document is
>  reloaded every time (Cocoon 1.7.4).

XSLT section 12.1 states explicitly (in response to a comment from me, I
might add), Two documents are treated as the same document if they are
identified by the same URI. It explains that this means
generate-id(document("foo.xml"))=generate-id(document("foo-xml")).

In my original comment I suggested the clarification
count(document("foo.xml") | document("foo.xml"))=1

which I think is even clearer. If you call document() twice with the same
URI, you should get the same tree back each time.

Mike Kay