RE: How to code XSL to display two XML elements side by side?

Subject: RE: How to code XSL to display two XML elements side by side?
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:42:52 +0100
> 	I have SoldTo and ShipTo info in XML that I need to display
> side-by-side in HTML.  I was using <table> HTML element to do
> side-by-side
> displaying.  How can I code XSL to combine the two XML
> elements, display one
> in the left and one in the right columns in the <table>
> element?

No magic here, just
and so on.

> 	Another question, I need to reuse the ShipTo info to
> reprint it at bottom of the HTML.  How can I code XSL so that I can
reprint
> ShipTo info at bottom of the HTML page?

Several possibilities:
(a) just access the data a second time, using "pull" logic (xsl:for-each,
xsl:value-of)
(b) process the data using xsl:apply-templates ("push" logic) and use a
different mode
(c) write a named template to do the formatted and call it from both places
(d) write a global variable to contain the formatted data as a result tree
fragment, and reference the variable from both places.

Mike Kay