How to reuse header and footer templates while changing page temp late in the middle?

Subject: How to reuse header and footer templates while changing page temp late in the middle?
From: "Xu, Xiaocun" <XXu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:40:17 -0400
Hi,

	Thanks for everyone who helped :)
	Taking in all the suggestions, I decided to break the XML into 3
		<header> Header </header>
		<footer> Footer </footer>
		<page> Page 1 </page>
		<page> Page 2 </page>
		etc......
	Hence my XSL will be devided into 3 templates: header, footer and
page.  Each <page> will be page breaked with:
The XSL I am building should have following structure:
		<xsl:apply-templates select="header"/> Header here
		<xsl:apply-templates select="page"/> Page 1 here
		<xsl:apply-templates select="footer"/> Footer here
		<xsl:apply-templates select="header"/> Header here
		<xsl:apply-templates select="page"/> Page 2 here
		<xsl:apply-templates select="footer"/> Footer here
		etc......
then repeat the above structure for each <page> element I encounter.
	How can I reuse the header and footer templates while changing the
page template in the middle?  <xsl:for-each select="page"> doesn't work in
element.  I think the only way is to use global variable to contain the
formatted <header> and <footer>, how can I do that?

Much thanks,

Xiaocun Xu
mailto:xxu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the system manager.