Re: How do I count number of nodes?

Subject: Re: How do I count number of nodes?
From: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:38:45 -0400
alex chang wrote:

> How do I cound the total number of children (this will be my x) of the
> column-header element?

Check out the XPath function count(). I seem to remember you're using
IE5 MSXML1, so it may be called something else.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#function-count

The following should do the trick.

> Also, should I add the number of upper-left elements
> + the number of mh elements, or should I just take the total number of
> elements under column-header, regardless of who they are?

That depends what you want the output to look like. You
can count the two element types separately.

    colspan="{count(upper-left) + count(mh)}"> ... </td>

--
Warren Hedley