Re: How to create xsl-stylesheet processing instruction with DOM API?

Subject: Re: How to create xsl-stylesheet processing instruction with DOM API?
From: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:20:24 -0400
"Meukens, Kris" wrote:

> How can I create a xsl-stylesheet <?xml-stylesheet
> href="hello-page-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?> processing instruction with the
> DOM API?

I'm not an expert on the DOM, but wouldn't the following work?

pi = document.createProcessingInstruction("xml-stylesheet",
  "href=\"hello-page-html.xsl\" type=\"text/xsl\"");

document.insertBefore(pi, document.getDocumentElement());

The only thing I'm not sure about is if putting it before the
root element works - maybe this is what you were asking?

--
Warren Hedley