Re: Multiple output types and embedded documentation

Subject: Re: Multiple output types and embedded documentation
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:38:47 +0100 (BST)
> If I'm right, this would be a 'weave' solution.
> For documentation you'd run a stylesheet to pull the doc:
> elements?

that's weave, but for Warren's version, where the original file isn't
directly usable then you also need "tangle" to extract a runnable
stylesheet from the documented sources.

> Presumably, using this format, you would swap out the namespace
> of either out_1 or out_2 and replace it with the xsl namespace, to
> select the actual output wanted?

> Questions:
>
> 1. How do you 'disable' output from the undesired namespaces
>     when not in use.
> 2. I don't understand the 'intermediate step' idea above.

You'd do something along the lines of the following (ignoring
attributes for now)

when applied to the documented source, it copies xsl namespaced elements
throws away doc elements and out_1 elements, and moves any out_2
elements into the xsl namespace.

Thus the result would be a usable stylesheet without documenattion and
using the "out_2" version of the code.

David

<xsl:template match="xsl:*">
<xsl:copy>