RE: Quantifying MSXML3 support for XSLT

Subject: RE: Quantifying MSXML3 support for XSLT
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 14:56:39 +0100 (BST)
Joshua Allen writes:
 > at the time IE5 shipped, ours was a very good implementation
 > of the standard, which did have a different namespace at
 > the time and changed quite a bit since.  We evolve as the
 > standards evolve, but we don't delay our product ship
 > schedules based on standards schedules.  Shipping now
 > and providing updates later over the web seems to make
 > more sense.

I think we should all print out this statement, frame it, and pin it
on the wall. It seems to say everything about Microsoft's view of what
the concept of "standard" is all about.

Sebastian

PS just for the record

 > ours was a very good implementation of the standard

I disagree. It was nice, but its failure to implement the default
rules for templates made it *intensely* annoying to use.