Re: MSXML 3.0 XSLT. Does it work?

Subject: Re: MSXML 3.0 XSLT. Does it work?
From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:36:14 +0300
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply,

This is a sample XML and stylesheet I have generated from an application I
am developing, to illustrate the problem that I have.  In the application
the disable-output-escaping is set to "yes".   I am (mis)using XSLT to
product MIF output (Maker Interchange Format) for FrameMaker which is not
well-formed.

I simply switched it to "no"  so that when testing on IE5 it wouldn't be
complaining that it can't parse the transformation result.

If understand that if the template rules don't match at all, then default
template rules apply (another subscriber explained this to me).  Is it
possible to switch these rules off?

For example, if a node contains three different subnodes below it:

     <a>
          <b>Hello</b>
          <c>There</c>
          <d>GoodBye</d>
     </a>

of which I only want to process one:

     <xsl:template match="a">
          <xsl:apply-templates/>
     </xsl:template>
     <xsl:template match="d">
          <xsl:value-of select="."/>
     </xsl:template>

as above, I do not want in my output the text values of b and c, just
because there is no match.

Sotiris, CTL, Cyprus